We are happy to announce that the Ontario Government and the OAO have announced that negotiations will take place, to address the under-funding of Optometry in Ontario.
As a goodwill gesture Optometrists in Ontario will now see OHIP insured patients until a deal is secured.
While negotiations take place, we would still urge our patients to visit : www.saveeyecare.ca
Fill in the petition, and let your government know that there is still a lot of work to be done before the issue is fully resolved.
We will be keeping you updated of any changes to the situation, as they happen.
WATCH THIS SPACE!!
Updated October 2021
Dr. Sonia and Associates, as part of the Ontario Association of Optometry (OAO), will be making our voices heard starting the 1st September, in a bid to get the Ontario Government to negotiate for a fairer and more sustainable OHIP Eyecare in Ontario.
Every day we take pride in helping our patients see clearly and preventing blindness. But today we need your help.
For over 30 years, the Ontario government has refused to formally negotiate with optometrists.
In 1989, the Ontario government paid $39.15 for an eye exam.
In 2021, 32 years later, they pay an average of $44.65.
This amount does not come close to covering the cost (including rent, staff, utilities, equipment, taxes and supplies) to provide an eye exam.
This is not sustainable and yet the Ontario government continues to ignore your care.
Since the Ontario government has not prioritized eye care, access to millions of Ontarians ended on September 1, 2021.
Whether you are a current patient of ours, or not. We encourage you to tell Premier Ford and your local MPP that, by not properly funding eyecare, it hurts you and your family.
Visit: https://www.saveeyecare.ca/ to make your voice count!
As of 21st October, the OAO still have not heard from the Ontario Government looking to start re-negotiating for OHIP Eye Care
Frame manufacturer Westgroupe have teamed up with Carl Zeiss Vision, to offer an exclusive Complete price package for their frames.
You can get an amazing frame from any of the Westgroupe brands, with Carl Zeiss lenses starting from $220!!
With a full range of options including;
Book your appointment today, to view the full range of frames, and discuss what lenses would be best for you!
Known for exceptional quality and spectacular design, has re-launched their eyewear range. In partnership this Thelios, Dior now has an exclusive range of glasses and sunglasses, all Hand Made in Italy using only the best materials and the finest finishing touches.
As an exclusive Dior practice, we not only have them to view, but also very competitive pricing.
All the frames we order, are available to be made with prescription lenses or prescription sunglasses.
And if you want a style that we do not have in stock, we can order it for you.
Contact our office to book your appointment to try on this phenomenal range.
Updated December 2020
The safety and well-being of our patients, staff, and doctors is our #1 priority
We are taking the following steps to ensure the safe delivery of eyecare to you and your family upon our re-opening:
· We will be screening all staff and patients for COVID-19 symptoms. If you are experiencing an onset of symptoms since booking your appointment, please call the office to reschedule.
· We ask that upon entering our clinic, please immediately disinfect your hands with hand sanitizer or wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
· We ask that if you have a properly fitting mask that you wear it to your appointment and keep it on during the duration of your time in the clinic. Cloth or procedure masks that lay flat against the face are preferred.
· Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the office.
· All of our staff and doctors will be wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including gloves, masks, and face-shields (when appropriate)
· Patient flow into the office will be controlled and all patients entering the office will require an appointment. Please arrive at your scheduled appointment time.
· We ask that you arrive at your appointment alone (exceptions include caregivers and translators).
· We will be practicing safe-distancing within the clinic and we ask that you do your best to keep a minimum of 6 feet between you and other patients.
· We have spaced out the waiting-room chairs accordingly and every chair will be disinfected between each use.
· We are aware of common “touchpoints” within the clinic such as doorknobs, counters, keyboards, phones, credit card machines, pens, etc. and will be disinfecting these often.
· All instruments that patients come in contact with will be thoroughly disinfected between each patient.
· Follow up phone calls or telehealth video conferencing will be used as often as possible.
· Our team will be offering assistance for frame selections. All frames will be thoroughly cleaned with soap and water after handling.
We appreciate your understanding and efforts in helping us comply with the protocols laid out by the Ontario College of Optometrists and the Ministry of Health. What hasn’t changed is our commitment to providing the highest level of eye care to our patients! We look forward to seeing you soon!
Updated January 2020
Dr. Sonia decided to give back to the needy as part of her New Years' Resolution. She wanted to deliver 20-20 Vision to people who do not have access to vision care in Nicaragua (2020 pun intended ;) )
Along with other medical professionals she teamed up with Team Broken Earth, a charity based in Newfoundland, to try and help where she can.
She will spend 8 days seeing 100's of patients, and using glasses that had been donated by you, to help bring sight back to those in need.
Head to our Social Media to see the photos and updates!